You are a Badass - Jen Sincero

I used to not be a huge fan of “self-help” books, until, haha, I met my boyfriend! :stuck_out_tongue:
He gifted me this book for my birthday last year, which I actually just read this year! :roll_eyes: It’s actually kind of an inside joke for us, because almost 2 years ago, I was up for a promotion and was pretty nervous about it! Insecurities are a bummer, for reals! But he asked me how we could help and I just told him, " Just keep telling me I’m a badass" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. So him giving me this book is him still supporting me! :revolving_hearts:

Honestly, I enjoyed the book and it helped me spur me into action! I was in a bit of a personal rut not too long ago and finally made the time to read it! It’s funny because even Jen mentions how she was not into the self help stuff and now here she is writing a whole book! It’s a super easy read and love how I can almost hear her talking to me as I read it. It really felt like it was one of my friends talking to me.

One of the main things that stuck out for me is that whatever truth you think about yourself will be the actual truth as long as you choose to think it that way. For me, it was that I could never accomplish anything or if I tried something, I would automatically fail! This thinking has kept me from fulfilling my goals and making my dreams a reality.

Now, it’s not an easy thing to just change your mindset, because it takes a lot of practice! Which Jen really hones in on and really helps you try to understand why you think that way and do the things that you do (that sabotage you). The book is categorized into 5 parts: How you got this way, How to embrace your inner badass, How to tap into the motherlode, How to get over your B.S already (lol), and How to kick some ass. :joy:

Jen suggests writing down your own mantra of the life you want to create for yourself, I actually did but haven’t really read it to myself every day, as she suggests :sweat_smile:. But in the back of my mind I been telling myself if my daily decisions are leading to reach what I wrote down in my mantra. And that right there has helped me stick to working out, seek out and take therapy, start drawing again and commit more of my time to SwapReads!

If you’ve read this far, thanks! haha!

Have any of you read this book before? If you have, what did you think about it? I think it could be a hit or miss for some!

2 Likes