What are you reading now?

It’s been a while since I read a fantasy and romance book. The last one(s) I read were most of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series (which I LOOOVE).

I am currently reading A Court of Thorns and Roses! I started reading it because one of my good friends mentioned she was reading the last book of the series. So me being me (curious cat) looked it up and got it! It’s been pretty so far, good enough to keep me up reading until almost 2am most days LOL

What’s your current read?!

3 Likes

So! Just an update! I finished A Court of Thorn and Roses!

I read it so fast!!! It starts a little slow but I think does a good job in introducing the characters to the series! I went ahead and bought the 2nd book, 3rd book and 4th book too!
My friend says the 2nd book gets SUPER good, I’m excited to start reading it!

Have any of you guys read this series yet?

2 Likes

Sounds interesting! Is the book like the Anita Blake series??

1 Like

It’s in the same realm of fantasy genre, Anita is about vampires and stuffs but these books are more about faeries! I’m in the 2nd book now and it’s getting pretty good!

1 Like

Very interesting! I’m going to check it out :grin:

2 Likes

Few days ago I started to read “Death’s Acre: Inside the Legendary Forensic Lab the Body Farm Where the Dead Do Tell Tales”. After few chapters I’ve already finished I must say that probably it is must read for any criminal books and forensic science lovers!
A lot of scientific knowledge, anecdotes and stories. As for now - FASCINATING :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve never really read any criminal books yet, but I am definitely interested in them! Thanks for suggesting this one! :smile:

@Amaire Any other book that you think someone must/should read in this genre? :star_struck:

Welcome to our community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :partying_face:

2 Likes

@Beca - one of my favorite author - Simon Beckett and his series with Dr David Hunter character - forensic anthropologist (but be careful if you are too sensitive ! The development cycle of Calliphora vicina and interesting facts about the decomposition of the corpse are an inseparable element of this series). :woman_shrugging:t3:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! :blush:

1 Like

:thinking: Well, I guess I won’t know how sensitive I am until I actually read it! :stuck_out_tongue:
Plus I think it’s interesting to learn what actual processes happen when our bodies decompose. I’m sure not many people have that curiosity, but it’s all science and part of the natural part of life/nature - which is definitely something I enjoy learning about! :blush:

Ciao! (And welcome Swapreads community, as this is my first post there :grinning: )
I’m currently reading “Homo Deus” by Yuval Noah Harari. Half way done, and so far I quite enjoy it. It doesn’t surprise me (as I know this author from “Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind” and " 21 Lessons for the 21st Century") but still very enjoyable lecture.
Btw @Amaire - The “Death’s Acre” sounds really interesting, I’m adding that to my list! If you like forensic science, then you should definitely check Val McDermid “Forensic: The Anatomy of Crime” - a great topic about the subject :smiley:

2 Likes

Currently reading a couple different books but my main focus is on Cover Your Tracks by Daco S. Auffenorde (out October 20th!)

2 Likes

Hi there! As a software engineer I am mostly reading technical stuff, so I am not sure if you are interested in such things. Anyway, currently I am reading Designing Data-Intensive Applications by Dr. Martin Kleppmann. IMHO it is a must read for all software professionals! I do not recommend it for the begginers though - it discuss a quite complex things.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Added to my list :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome @Katreviewsbooks ! :blush:

OoOohh did you get a chance to pre-read it? Also, I just looked up the synopsis for Cover Your Tracks and OMG! Sounds like a story that will have you on edge! I haven’t delved into much thriller & suspense books but this one sounds interesting. he he he, I’ve added it to my TBR list!

1 Like

Hi @mcprok, Welcome! :relaxed:

Thanks for sharing your current read! Even if it’s a technical book, it’s still a book and something you enjoy! :slight_smile:
If let’s say, a beginner like me wanted to learn more about coding, etc, which book would you recommend?

@Beca it all depends - as always. If you are complete beginner and want to dig around some basics of programming I would recommend Python for Kids: A Playful Introduction to Programming. Even if it says “for kids” it would be good start point for adults!

If you already started programming and you have your programming language of choice then you can choose a book dedicated for that language.

2 Likes

:joy: :sweat_smile: That’s ok, we all start somewhere! Thanks for the recommendation, I think it’s always important to know the basics or foundation of the technology we are using. And of course, you never know when that knowledge can come in handy! At my previous job, I worked alongside our Tech and Product Teams so I had to learn a few basic, but very basic concepts, but I wish I had known a little bit more coming into it!

Yes! The author had reached on Instagram and asked me to read and review it for her :slight_smile: I’m enjoying it so far!

2 Likes

THAT is so COOL! Good thing it’s coming out soon so I can read it! :star_struck:

1 Like