Historical Fiction Recommendations!

So I have recently discovered I enjoy Historical Fiction a lot! My last 2 books have been in this genre particularly during WW2 and the Holocaust.

I would love more recommendations, and if possible some historical fiction centered around Greek Mythology! :nerd_face:

1 Like

You should check out Phillipa Gregory. She is one of my favorite authors and has several books about English history. :thinking::thinking::thinking: on Greek Mythology… Percy Jackson and the Olympians series are good.

3 Likes

I will check her out! Thank you!

Hmm I’ve never really had an interest in Percy Jackson, but maybe I’ll check them out! You and I have pretty similar tastes in books so I will take your word for it that they are good! :blush:

Hi Beca

I agree with @rarredond05 on Phillipa Gregory. I read White Queen, Red Queen and Lady of the Rivers. Her storytelling is riveting. For Greek Mythology, I read Circe, which I loved and it is highly recommended by plenty across the globe. Piranesi is another recommended title but I haven’t got my hands on it yet.

I have a concern though. Historical fiction as a genre is a very western domain. We rarely see historical fiction that encompasses non-western cultures. Especially so when the narrative portrays WWI or WWII. I’m like: it wasn’t called a “world” war just to be portrayed in fiction exclusively in Europe. Is it just me who senses this?

2 Likes

I’ve never thought about it that way :thinking: that’s a great point to call out! It would definitely be interesting to be have more books depicting the struggles of non western cultures during world wars and how they felt the impact of these events. I may just have to google and see what’s out there! If u know of any or come across some let me know! :slight_smile:

This is definitely on my TBR!! Im excited to read it!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: