Have you reached your goal?

Hi all! It’s been a while! Hope everyone is staying safe and well!

I was just wondering if you all had set a book goal for the year? For example, I wanted to read 75 books by the end of 2020 (not doing so hot!). I’ve been tracking it on good reads, but I’m such a mood reader I keep starting books in the middle of other books.

To add on, I’m currently reading:

1.) You’d Be Paranoid Too (If Everyone Was Out To Get You) by Awsten Knight (Main book)
2.) Vile & Blessed by A. H. Serrano
3.) Devil’s Creek by Todd Keisling
4.) A Gallery Of Mothers by Jason Latshaw
5.) Bottom Feeders by Jerry Roth
6.) This Book Is The Longest Sentence Ever Written And Then Published by Dave Cowen

Andddddddd a bunch of Webtoons (Online comics for anyone who doesn’t know!)

I’m trying very hard to focus and finish these ones, but I keep getting distracted. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Once this year started, I didn’t plan to read more than last year (around 40), but… so far I have 54 or 55 and one in progress and I’m quite proud of it!
I’m quite impressed you manage to read more than 1 book at the same time :sweat_smile: I have a very opposite problem to your: I cannot start any other book before I’m done with the current one. And I cannot just leave it in the middle, which is very annoying if I don’t enjoy the read… Just a force of habit :wink:
But with keeping focus on a book - maybe try to reward yourself for finishing i.e. a chapter of a book? take a piece of chocolate every 5-10 pages and so on - maybe that would work?

2 Likes

Hm, a reward system might possibly work with some books, but not with others. I’m struggling greatly with the sixth book in that list. I cannot stand that it is one sentence, I need periods, exclamation points, question marks, etc, you get my point! It’s driving me nuts!

2 Likes

I started a 25 book goal this year and so far have read 17! I’m actually pretty impressed with myself as it’s been a looong time for me since I’ve read this much! The pandemic has kinda been a small blessing in that aspect; it’s allowed me more time to read!

But I think all in all, regardless if you have a goal or not, we should enjoy the book, story or lesson we are reading!

GURRRL! I love webtoons!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s been a while since I’ve caught up on the ones I had been reading. I was into Lore Olympus and Midnight Poppy - haha!

1 Like

Yeeeeessssssss! Lore Olympus has gotten REALLY good, but I won’t say anything. :shushing_face: I’m reading like 20-30 right now and there are some on my list I haven’t started haha.

1 Like

:eyes: I need to make some time this weekend and catch up! I left off where Kore and Hades talk about their feelings with each other! :stuck_out_tongue:

What others do you recommend @Katreviewsbooks? :hugs:

1 Like

Okay! This is my favorite question! :rofl: I love a lot of them so you’ll get a bit of a list and you can choose what you’re interested in:

• UnOrdinary (Superhero ish)
    *To Love Your Enemy (Romance)
    *Murrz (Slice Of Life)
    *Love Me Knot (Romance)
    *True Beauty (Romance)
    *Age Matters (Romance)
    *Bluechair (Slice Of Life)
    *My Deepest Secret (Thriller)
    *Scorching Romance (Romance)
    *LUFF (Romance)
    *Odd Girl Out (Drama)
    *Wind Breaker (Sports)
    *Your Smile Is A Trap (Romance)
    *Before We Knew It (Romance)
    *#Killstagram (Thriller)
    *The Kiss Bet (Romance)
    *Random Chat (Drama)
    *Not Even Bones (Thriller)
    *Lost In Translation (Drama)
    *Mom, I’m sorry (Drama)
    *Down To Earth (Romance)
    *Nice To Meet You (Romance)
    *Lunarbaboon (Slice Of Life)
    *Let’s Play (Romance)

Okay, so this is my long list of (basically) Romance, Thriller, Drama, Sports, and Slice Of Life Recs! I stopped reading Romance novels a while ago so this is pretty much my Romance intake here. If you get through these come back! I have more! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

YAY! OMG! Now that is what I call a list! Thanks so much for sharing!

@rarredond05 check out these webtoons recommended by @Katreviewsbooks!

2 Likes

Always happy to! Let me know what you think of them when you get the chance! :blush:

1 Like

I totally will!

1 Like

Omg! I haven’t read any webtoons since I went back to work because they are sooo good and addicting!
@Katreviewsbooks Oh Yess Lore Olympus is soo good!!

Here are a few that I recommend too:
-My Dear Cold Blooded King (Romance/Drama)
-The Wrath & the dawn (this is actually based on a book by the same name)
-Siren’s Lament ( I couldn’t stop reading this one and it kept me up until 4am some days :yum:
-Where Tangents Meet (very sweet love story)
-Asuras Bride

2 Likes

It’s crazy to me, but I’ve read/am reading all except the last one! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Not crazy at all!! They are all really good stories and the artwork is amazing. Which one did you like best?

1 Like