Beneath a Scarlet Sky - Mark Sullivan

I just finished reading this week (last night to be exact!) I stayed up till 1:40 am finishing it!

This book is historical fiction, which I have realized I enjoy this genre a lot! This book is about Italian, Pino Lella, a true WW2 hero, which his story is not well known! He becomes a spy for The Resistance in Italy against the Nazis by joining them, being a driver for the 2nd most powerful man in Hitler’s regime.

I was pretty surprised at how short the book is, but WOW, it takes you from some wonderful scenes to some super sad ones, especially towards the end of the book. Sullivan does an amazing job in painting life before, during and after WW2.

If you enjoy historical fiction or have an interest in WW2 stories, this is a good one! I almost cried at a few points, and the cool thing is that Pino’s story into a television series!! It seems its been in the works since 2017 and Tom Holland is supposed to be in it! :hugs:

Has anyone read this book? What did you think about it, or what was your favorite part?

I found this article, in case anyone is interested! :

1 Like